List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    xxx_la and libxxx_la usage in Makefile.am (koffice here)
From:       Michael Matz <matz () ifh ! de>
Date:       2000-06-27 22:35:13

Hi,

Its not possible to use prog_la _and_ libprog_la in one Makefile.am,
because some platforms need a lib-prefix on every DSO, which means that
both _la's will be called libprog, which obviously fails. In this case it
was introduced two days ago in koffice for using KLMs. As I don't know if
the libxx_la's are really needed (I guess for dynamically loading them
into the koffice framework, they are), I'm not sure of the right way to
fix it. Either way one of the xxx needs to be renamed, preferably the
libxxx, as that is a more internal (to koffice) name, or libxxx_la needs
to go away.

Ciao,
Michael.