List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Key dialog and actions
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-06-27 19:26:23

David Faure wrote:
> Any solution requires a change in KAction... that's why I bring this
> up, before the libs are frozen.

Random idea: Maybe each KAction should have a "properties" property.
Something like a QDict or QMap with a string key and string data.

----
QString KAction::property(const QString& key);
void KAction::setProperty(const QString& key, const QString& data);

private:
  QMap<QString, QString> m_props;
----

This could be used to embed properties for specific actions on the
fly.  For instance, the bookmark actions could do:

setProperty("Bookmark", "true");
setProperty("ShowInDialog, "false");

Then the key dialog could just do a:

if (action->property("ShowInDialog") == "true")
  don't show

If this is added now, then customizing things in the future would be
much easier.

Sorry this isn't a very complete thought but I have to type fast
before my wife comes back and finds me doing KDE stuff on my vacation
:-)
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix