List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Annoying lib interdependency
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-06-27 17:57:37

Hi!

While adding app start notification to kdesu, I encountered an annoying
library interdependency. To implement this, I need the method
"KRun::libmapnotify()" from libkio, and I need it in libkdesu. But, libkio
depends on libkdesu (it needs KDEsuClient), so we have a circularity..

What is the preferred way to solve this? Move libmapnotify() to kdecore
(like launcher())? Move KDEsuClient somewhere? Other solutions?

Greetings,
Geert