List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kwrite downgraded ???
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-06-26 8:06:37

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, David Faure wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 08:07:03AM +0200, Espen Sand wrote:
> > At 10:47 PM 6/25/00 -0400, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> > >Hello
> > >
> > >I believe I'm compeletely drunk or frighteningly blind. I seem to remember
> > >*very clearly* that kwrite was using KDialogBase for its so nummerous
> > >configuration dialogs (if you don't understand what I mean, look at what
> > >kind of config dialog KEdit or KHexEdit present to you). This is no more
> > >the case. And it's quite alienating. Just like I'd find miself all of a
> > >sudden with a KDE-0.12 desktop, in the middle of year 2000.
> >
> > I have seen this as well (but I had hoped it would be reverted)
> > They were removed some weeks back. I belive it is related to the kwrite
> > move. Now we are back to basic with the non std. dialogs it had
> > before :-| I would like to ask: Why was the new dialogs removed? What
> > else got lost in the move?
>
> All the .rc files (I had to readd the konqy one), and much more stuff.

Which more stuff?

> I believe this is due to the decision to "redo the port to KParts",
> but at the same time, much much stuff was lost...
> Who did that second port ? Simon, or Jochen ?

That was me :}

BTW, the dialogs in kwrite are using KDialogBase, it's just that the main
config dialog isn't using the IconList mode of KDB. I'll change that, as
soon as I finished compiling.

The reason why kwrite is not, yet, using KAction again is because of the
kguicommand system of Jochen. It's quite incompatible with the action
concept, although it has some advantages (like nice grouping (see key
config dlg) ) .

Bye,
 Simon