List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: little problems with kicker and docking
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-06-24 14:08:27

On Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 02:09:45AM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:

Hi,

> You can do the 'notification' manually. Just send a signal to kicker:
>
> par << "kmoon" << "" << getpid();
> dcopClient->send("kicker", "clientStarted(QString,QString,pid_t)", par);

this reminds of one thing I dislike: with CORBA, all interfaces were
nicely described in IDL files which would be installed somewhere for
everyone to look at and use. Now how would anyone find out about all the
available DCOP interfaces in KDE?

Should we install the .kidl files somewhere?

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/