List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: preload kmapnotify for kdeinit: issues?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-06-24 12:56:31

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 10:57:20PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Michael Matz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wanted to ask if anybody else is seeing problems with the latest
> > CVS and the libkmapnotify now preloaded also for kdeinit? If I don't
> > remove that LD_PRELOAD from startkde, KDE doesn't start.
>
> I have no such problems with kdeinit & LD_PRELOAD.
>
> Wild gues: Could it be that your library stuff also gets included with
> libkmapnotify?

I have the exact same problem. KDE doesn't start up - but it did
after I removed ksmserverrc. One of the "kdeinit: konsole" processes
was eating 100% CPU, but killing it didn't help. With ksmserverrc
removed, it doesn't try to start such apps and then KDE starts up.

http://home.clara.net/faure/, http://www.konqueror.org/