List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ioslave problem with directories like "/somedir/exporteddir"
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-06-23 13:37:24

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 03:28:24PM +0200, aleXXX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in my brand new nfs-ioslave the e.g. nfs://alex2_pc gives me the list of
> exported directories, for nfs these are often subdirectories, i.e. like
> "/somedir/exporteddir"
>
> Now in konqy I can list them and go them down, i.e. enter nfs://alex2_pc, see
> the subdirectory "/somedir/exporteddir", can enter this one and it works fine.
> If I go one dir up, it enters "nfs://alex2_pc/somedir" instead of
> "nfs://alex2_pc".
>
> How can I force to handle "/somedir/exporteddir" as _one_single_ directory ?
> maybe something with encoded and decoded url's ?

Yes, try encoding the intermediate slashes, using KIO::encodeFileName
(which turns them into %2F)
konqueror takes care of turning that back to '/' when displaying
but this will make it consider it as a single directory.
The URL in the location bar will look weird though....

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org