List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: KScroller
From:       Peter Putzer <pputzer () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-06-20 10:39:25

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Peter Putzer wrote:
> > Another class proposal:
> >
> > KScroller, basically a ScrollView, but for a single widget of arbitrary
> > (and changing) minimumSize (QScrollView somehow doesn't work correctly in
> > that case, as could be seen by previous versions of KSysV).
>
> What does not work correctly in QScrollView. I personally prefer fixing Qt
> bugs (if it is a bug) than adding new classes to KDE which just work around
> bugs.

Well, KScroller has got a much more simple interface, but that could be
achieved by subclassing QScrollView.

Maybe it's not so much a bug in QScrollView, but rather unintended use.
What I need (and KScroller provides) is a widget that grows it's content
(until maximum size, that's not implemented yet), but when it shrinks
beneath the contents minimum size, it automatically adds the necessary
scrollbars...

QScrollView doesn't do that, when the minimumSize changes it resizes
viewport to the minium size of the content, really strange interactions, I
tried a lot of different approaches to work around this strange behaviour,
to no avail.

I'm not sure if I expressed myself correctly... please ask if something's
not clear :)

bye,
Peter

PS: I really do think that QScrollView is overkill for my intensions!