Kurt Granroth wrote: > Waldo Bastian wrote: > > On the other hand the functionality offered by the HTTP > > authentication server is not that much (maybe 40 lines of code?) so > > it is tempting to combine it with something else... but what? The > > cookiejar? Maybe we should rename it into the "httpdaemon" then? Put > > it in the kio-lib? The HTTP authentication would be bound to the > > application then, but this is probably not to bad. Putting it in > > kde_su is a bad idea because we want to have as little as possible > > in that process. The uiserver doesn't seem to be an attractive > > place... although it tends to be running anyway. Ideas anyone? > > Why is using kdesu a problem? We already *are* using it for HTTP > authentication a little.... I don't see why we can't extend it to do > SSL certificates as well. Probably it doesn't even need to be extended. Think of (this part of) kdesud as a persistent QMap. I'm sure SSL certificates can somehow be folded into this concept. Greetings, -- Geert Jansen email: Phylosopher, Physicist, email: KDE enthusiast PGP key ID: 0xD2B5E7CE