List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Authentication and kio_http
From:       geertj () stack ! nl (Geert Jansen)
Date:       2000-06-14 11:27:36

> Well what I was thinking was that we can abstract out all the ui stuff into
> the ui_server and lump everything else into one daemon. This means
> authentication/verification/session-management (cookies) would be
> grouped together and accessiable from an on-demand daemon ??  I do
> not know if this would be feasible or even adviseable but it sure would cut
> down on the number of servers created.  I guess the cookiejar would be a good
> starting point for this ??

We should really keep kdesud. For highest security, it is best that it be a
simple, standalone daemon. Maybe we should only use it for password keeping with
kdesu, and use some other daemon for storing the (http,..) authentication stuff.

Because the daemon is started on demand, and because, typically, kdesu won't be
used that much, it won't run most of the time.

Greetings,
--
    Geert Jansen,                                email: <geertj@stack.nl>
    Phylosopher and Physicist                      PGP key ID: 0xD2B5E7CE