List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS problem
From:       Peter Putzer <pputzer () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-06-05 17:22:07

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Peter Putzer wrote:

> > > Works fine here. how is your connection to it?
> >
> > Ping of about 600ms...
> >
> > BUT I got it going again (changing CVSROOT to using ssh/ext instead of
> > pserver)
>
> Eh?  What do you mean by that?  Our CVS server can't handle the 'ssh'
> method yet -- it's pserver only!

Well, that SEEMED to fix it. Of course cvs happily used the method
described in CVS/Root (pserver of course).

Anyway, it works, but is incredibly SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I have got
absolutely no clue what changed between yesterday afternoon (normal
speed) and yesterday evening.

I'm connected to the net by a 4MBit line, so it can't be a bandwith
problem on my side, really...

*wonders*