List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Reality check :-)
From:       tibirna () kde ! org
Date:       2000-06-04 13:29:31

On Sun, 4 Jun 2000 at 01:35 -0700, Waldo Bastian said:

> http://www.stardock.com/stardock/articles/oswars2000.html

By the time KDE will *require* 128 MB RAM, it will drive your car by
itself, take care of your children and write new software for you (even
microsoft-compatible, if you want :-)

OK! A bit serious now, there are points to be considered in that review.

a) one little gem that passed overseen is the excellent 'klipper' in the
kdeutils package. Right now it lacks maintainance, but it's really, really
nice. And unlike ms offers, it's even able to offer trans-session
persistent clipboard.

There were discussions, IIRC, to move this program in kdebase (or even
kdelibs) and make it mandatory for the desktop and the apps.

b) we should instaure a "study w2k" team. I never saw it, I don't have it,
my university doesn't want to pay for it, but it would really be
interesting to see why people consider it so better than NT. I smell quite
some exageration there, but what do I know?

--
Cristian Tibirna     : ctibirna@total.net     : www.total.net/~ctibirna
PhD Student          : ctibirna@gch.ulaval.ca : web.gch.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna