List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kwin progress - finally !
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-06-04 8:58:47

Am Fre, 02 Jun 2000 schrieb Rik Hemsley:
> #if Matt Koss
> > Big thanks to the one who finally implemented correct maximizing in kwin ( =
> > keeping kicker visible ) .
> > This was something that I really missed from 1.1.x.
>
> Heh, it's been there for weeks but I hid it. Someone else was brave
> enough to remove the #ifdef :)

While I appreciate your efforts, I'm wondering why you implemented yet another
temporary solution?  What's the point in negotiating standards if we don't
follow them? With the same effort, you could have implement the NET_WM_STRUT
hints instead of your own, and slightly different, AVOID hint.

FYI: I'm currently working with Bradly on a complete NET_WM implementation for
both KDE and blackbox. If nobody has a very good reason, I will remove the
whole "avoid" stuff from kwin again when this is done.

Matthias