List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Last week before final freeze exception
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-06-02 9:38:26

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Next Wednesday will be the ABI freeze for KDE 2.0 -- no more binary
> incompatible changes (and minimal source incompatible changes) will be
> accepted after then.
>
> This is a big burden on us to make sure that everything is right.
>
> So, I propose (after prompting from Preston) that we open up kdelibs
> to binary incompatible changes until next Monday.  This will give us
> the time to make any necessary changes (like restructering KGlobal and
> KGlobalSettings) before the final freeze.
>
> Thoughts?

If there are no objections, I'll commit the KGlobal* stuff tonight
or tomorrow, after I've convinced myself that everything is still
running :-)

While looking at the settings stuff I've noticed that Qt's
settings (double click interval, cursor blink rate, drag
delay) are only half-heartedly supported. Is it ok to
introduce another KIPC signal which forwards this settings
to QApplication?

Btw, it would be a good thing if maintainers of kdelibs stuff
had a look at their header files and either document them
properly or move them into non-installed headers. I have
already noticed that e. g. khexedit uses a class which is
clearly marked as @internal.

Bernd.