List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: internet keywords in minicli?
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-06-02 0:14:29

On Thu, 01 Jun 2000, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > > Is it really that easy?  Or does the ShortURIFilter have some functionality
> > > that the InternetKeywordsFilter doesn't have?
> > >
> > > The standard www and ftp short uris still worked in any event...
> >
> > *sigh*  Nobody read my documentation in kdelibs/kio/KURIFilter.  All you have
> > to do was remove the "ShortURIFilter" entry and you would be done.
> >
> > KURIFilter::self()->filterURI( data );
>
> Sure enough!  This was *far* easier then I would have imagined.

:-)  Someone can even write their own ad filterting mechanism or integrate
an exisiting one without much difficulty if they feel upto it :)))

> > What this means is the filter class will use all the available
> > filters to it.  Currently this is InternetKeywords (ikws) and
> > ShortURIFilters.  Anyways, many changes and configurability are
> > coming over the weekend so please stay tuned.  I think most people
> > will like the changes I am currently working on :))))
>
> I'm already incredibly impressed!
>
> /me is looking forward to these changes if they can make this even
> *better*

I feel guilty to take all this praise as it was originally Simon's idea extended
into a plugin scheme by Yves.  I just connected to dots, polished the
API and extended the functionality.  I wanted to let everyone know who really
deserves the credit :))  Remember: "No root, not tree and no branches"

Regards,
Dawit A.