List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: App-start on proper desktop - some thoughts...
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-06-01 7:50:50

> 3) Kicker doesn't use KRun when you launch an application by using an icon
> on the panel itself.  Any reason why?

Yes, they use KApplication::startService... so that it can try to benefit
from the kdeinit feature (for instance, if you have a konsole button, etc.)

Waldo, how could we integrate this ? Making KRun use KApplication::startService
automatically, if what it's running is a desktop file ?
I remember there was an issue due to KRun being able to pass a list of URLs
(in general, not for kicker!) and startService not being able to, but
you fixed that, right ?

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org