List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Global variables
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-05-31 21:24:34

On Wed, 31 May 2000, David Faure wrote:

> On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 09:50:23PM +0200, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> > In there a special reason why toolBarHighlightColor is in KGlobalSettings,
> > toolBarFont is in KGlobal, and activeTitleColor is in KApplication?
>
> Not really :-)
> Well fonts are in KGlobal because they are global objects,
> but all colors should be in KGlobalSettings, so activeTitleColor should be moved
> there IMHO.

Hmm, I don't really see the difference between colors and fonts.
After all, the font methods in KGlobal are also different from the
other methods in KGlobal and similar to those in KGlobalSettings
in that they  a) return an (implicitly shared) object, not a pointer
to an object, b) have a lifetime which depends on KControl settings,
not the same lifetime as the instance/application.

Bernd.