On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 11:44:22AM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote: Hi, > I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. As far as I debugged/tested it > I think that kwin segfaults somewhere. This results in drkonqi to be > called, which tries to open up a new window. Oooops, a new window, and > kwin is semi-dead? -> freeze maybe kwin should override the crashhandler, so DrKonqi (who spelt that Konki so it appears in all bugreports? ;) doesn't start? Maybe even try to restart kwin after a crash? It's really hard to work without a WM and no, not everyone has Ctrl-Alt-F-X or Ctrl-Alt-Backspace. For example all those Sun Workstations in my uni don't. Cheers, Carsten Pfeiffer -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/