Am Mit, 31 Mai 2000 schrieb Michael Matz: > Hi, > > On Wed, 31 May 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > In kde 1.1.2 there were problems with typing characters constructed with the > > right Alt key in minicli. Do we still suffer from any of that in current > > versions of KDE? (Does it also work in kdm?) > > No problem I noticed. kdm is another story though. There are some strange > interactions between Qt and the KeyboardGrab used in kdm for securing the > display. That leads to the effect, that the entry boxes don't get a > visible focus indicator (but they get initially the focus if one clicks > into them), and they loose it completely (without possibility to give them > back the focus) if on clicks into the session type box. > > But that has nothing to do with AltGr ;) No, but with the fact that there is no window manager when kdm runs. What about using QWidget::setActiveWindow()? Please have a look at http://doc.trolltech.com/commonproblems.html, last section. Matthias