List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Hardcoded colours ( was Re: color schemes )
From:       "Wilco Greven" <j.w.greven () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2000-05-30 10:02:22

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 12:37:09AM -0500, David Faure wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 11:49:54AM +0200, Wilco Greven wrote:
> > On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 12:07:08AM -0400, tibirna@kde.org wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I don't know anymore:
> > >
> > > - who's looking after the color schemes;
> > > - if there were discussions about including Link/Active Link/Visited Link
> > > colors in the color schemes definition.
> > >
> > > Right now, the default color combinations for URLs in
> > > konqui-web/konqui-fm/kdesktop are very bad matches for "inverse" color
> > > schemes like DarkBlue or DigitalCDE.
> >
> > Thanks for bringing up this subject. The problem is not only the colour of
> > links, but hardcoded colours in general, and especially widgets which use
> > hardcoded colours and colours from the palette simultaneously. Some apps which
> > do this are KControlCenter (the help tab, hardcoded yellow background on which
> > white text is invisible) and KSpread (the canvas, when using a white
> > foreground, you can't read the table name). Also Konqueror should use --IMHO--
> > colours from the palette for the iconview, instead of white.
>
> As a default, you mean ? 'cause it's highly configurable anyway
> (globally and even per directory if wanted).

It could be as a default, but that's my opinion. What do you think? For the
standard colorscheme it doesn't make a difference. It's also about consistency,
compare the filedialog with Konqueror's multicolumnview.

I don't have much problems with Konqueror's colours, but KControlCenter and
KSpread should be fixed. There are no doubt more applications that give problems
with an alternative colourscheme. Let's all use DigitalCDE for a week :-)

> Hmm, raises a small design issue, since the properties class has no clue
> about QIconView ;-)

What's the problem?

Greetings,
Wilco