On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 09:23:17PM +1000, Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote: > On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 12:26:46PM +0100, David Faure wrote: > > kdoc now has some docbook documentation, but since it doesn't use > > automake nor am_edit, it doesn't compile anymore. > > I have started to fiddle with it, but it turns out to be quite complex to fix. > > In fact it brings to the following question: > > do we consider kdoc a separate package or a KDE package ? > > Considering that kdoc has no dependencies on KDE, and KDE has none on kdoc, > I believe it is a standalone package. Besides, dozens of people who use > kdoc without KDE will be most annoyed if KDE is required to run kdoc. To compile its doc, rather, but I get the point. > Is the jade stuff the only issue? If so, I will see how other (non-KDE) > packages that have docbook documentation do it. Ok, looks like the solution then. Effectively, this means sort of reverting most of Eric's commit (namely the Makefile.am). > > And if kdoc is to use the standard KDE framework, then it has to be fully > > converted to automake. My current hack (partial use of automake, only for > > It seems to me that the only part of the "standard KDE framework" that KDOC > would use is the directory structure. Or is there something else I'm > missing? Yes, if it doesn't use kdb2html. > Note that the KDE admin/ directory is ~50% larger than KDOC itself! ;-)) -- David FAURE david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://home.clara.net/faure/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today