List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: menu bar at top always?  when?
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-30 0:31:37

Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> speaking of default values... anyone objecting if I change the
> default bold font for menus to non-bold?

I originally set it to bold as it looks much *MUCH* better that way...
but it appears that this is not true on all systems as there seems to
be quite a few complaints.  I guess I can understand that, too, since
I've noticed that 10 pt Bold Helvetica looks good with XFree86 3.3.6
but looks *terrible* with XFree86 4.0.

Ah well.. maybe distros could experiment with a good font that works
in a menubar with the fonts that they install.
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix