List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KAction/KKeyDialog::configureKeys
From:       Peter Putzer <pputzer () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-05-29 9:45:21

Hi,

I found a bug in KAction resp. KKeyDialog::configureKeys.

When the text for a KAction is changed via "setText", the corresponding
KKeyEntry in the actionCollection() is not updated.

This can lead to a very ugly KKeyDialog (several actions with the same
labels)!

The attached patch fixes this.

BTW: it would be nice if I could somehow declare some actions "internal",
i.e. not visible to the user.

An example why this would be useful: in KSysV I have got a special action
"ksysv_paste_append" which is basically a KStdAction::paste connected to a
different slot. It's necessary because a paste the middle of a listview
and on the empty space below the last item have to be handled differently,
yet I don't want the user to see this action in "Configure Keys".

bye,
Peter