List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Code duplication in KWrite, comment/uncomment stuff
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-05-29 9:10:33

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Thomas Capricelli wrote:

> Ok, so we have to decide between a hack and a design problem ;-)
> >
> >1) link kwrite in kdevelop directly from kdebase/kwrite
> >   (hack ;-)
> >
> >2) move kwrite to kdelibs (an application in kdelibs?)
> >

> >Any other "solutions" ?
>
> 	Make kdevelop use kdelibs/interfaces/ktexteditor.h  ????
> 	I know it may be too soon. I don't know the state of ktexteditor
> now.

That's the plan anyway :-)

> 	That way kdevelop will be only half-dependant on kdebase : it won't be
> source-dependant, but installed-dependant.

That is what Ralf Nolden wants to avoid. His (IMHO very valid) point is
that there are quite a few non-KDE kdevelop users out there which do not
want to install the whole kdebase just because of the editor component in
kdevelop.

Well, another option would be to keep kwrite in kdebase and instead of
"CVS-linking" package kwrite manually for the kdevelop distribution.

But I guess the KDevelop hackers wouldn't be that happy about this
approach.

However <em>IMHO</em> kwrite does not belong to kdelibs.

Bye,
 Simon