List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Can I add KVNC to kdenetwork?
From:       Matthias Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () dalheimer ! de>
Date:       2000-05-29 7:25:02

Richard Moore wrote:

> Is it ok if I add KVNC to kdenetwork? I plan to release version
> 0.1 this weekend. It is quite solid (I haven't crashed it yet),
> but it is currently lacking quite a lot of the planned features.
> In UI terms I think it kicks the butt of the other VNC clients
> around even in it's current state, and now that it has a whole
> new network implementation built on qnetwork it avoids a number
> of problems that existed with the KDE 1.x kvncviewer.
>
> Questions:
> - Is this too close to the beta?
> - Would it be ok after we release beta 2?
> - Would it be better to keep it as a separate download?
>
> I think it may be to close to the beta, and would be happy to
> delay until immediately after beta 2. I do think though that
> this should be in kdenetwork. For one thing look at how much
> milage SCO gets out of Tarrantella because it allows you to
> remotely access Linux desktops from Win32 and vice versa. I
> think this could be a very good program to demo to managers
> of win32 networks.

Great work, but I am a bit afraid of putting another not-yet-finished
program into kdenetwork.

Can't you put it in kdenonbeta until you yourself declare it
functionally complete and then move it into kdenetwork (hopefully in
time so that it will be in at least one official beta before the
release?)

Kalle

--
Kalle Dalheimer     Contract programming for Unix
kalle@dalheimer.de  Technical writing

Lukashenko and the Pope - the last remaining dictators in Europe.