List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Code duplication in KWrite, comment/uncomment stuff
From:       Falk Brettschneider <gigafalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-05-28 20:55:59

Hi,

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> > > We make kwrite a separate CVS module and "link" it into the kdebase and
> > > the kdevelop CVS module via CVSROOT/modules , just like kde-common/admin .

I don't understand that. Could you please explain why kwrite must be an extra cvs
module to be able to be shared by several applications, especially KDevelop?
KDevelop just want to have the opportunity to configure kwrite to its needs, that
means:
- redefine key-bindings,
- emulate vi or emacs (maybe their behaviour, as well (like search strings)),
- add features (breakpoints, comment/uncomment, bookmarks)
- own context menus
Give those ones the reason to remove kwrite from kdelibs?

Thanks + Bye,
 F@lk