List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Can I add KVNC to kdenetwork?
From:       tibirna () kde ! org
Date:       2000-05-28 1:46:43

On Sat, 27 May 2000, Richard Moore wrote:

> > Excellent. One question though. Did you follow the security discussions
> > concerning VNC clients? Sorry for not being able to give more details, I
> > didn't follow those discussions closely.
>
> Where did these discussions occur? I have read several on the vnc
> mailing list which have all concluded it is safe, but I left that
> list a while because there was far too much junk on it.

Either on Bugtraq or on security-audit
(security-audit@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk).

Sorry, I lump them together. Discussion occured 5-15 days ago and I didn't
pay too much attention. Was something about client having lax code that
allowed compromising servers.

--
Cristian Tibirna     : ctibirna@total.net     : www.total.net/~ctibirna
PhD Student          : ctibirna@gch.ulaval.ca : web.gch.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna