List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Code duplication in KWrite, comment/uncomment stuff
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-05-27 16:56:42

I neither can nor want to decide on this issue :-}

There are two valid points:

- KWrite is an application. kdelibs contains *core* library stuff
  Although I agree that a text editor component is indeed a core
  component of a desktop environment.

- However the fact that kdevelop would depend on kdebase isn't really a
  good thing either.

How about this:

We make kwrite a separate CVS module and "link" it into the kdebase and
the kdevelop CVS module via CVSROOT/modules , just like kde-common/admin .

What do you think?

Bye,
 Simon