List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    kdoc's docu
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-27 11:26:46

kdoc now has some docbook documentation, but since it doesn't use
automake nor am_edit, it doesn't compile anymore.
I have started to fiddle with it, but it turns out to be quite complex to fix.
In fact it brings to the following question:
do we consider kdoc a separate package or a KDE package ?

It used to know nothing about kde_bindir and kde_htmldir, but to compile
and install the docu, it needs to know about both, if it wants to use
the standard framework. Otherwise - as it does currently - it can run
jade by itself, but this means that it has to do all the stuff kdb2html does,
which seems stupid IMHO.

And if kdoc is to use the standard KDE framework, then it has to be fully
converted to automake. My current hack (partial use of automake, only for
doc/kdoc/) would have almost worked... until it needed kde_htmldir ;-)

Decision needed. Taj ?

http://home.clara.net/faure/