List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror and its cache
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-26 21:35:26

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> There still is a bug in Konqueror which it probably inherited from kfm.
> If I visit a page that changes it contents from time to time (say like
> www.kde.org) I get the *oldest* version of that page out of
> Konqueror's cache.

This is actually not a bug, but rather a not completely implemented HTTP 1.1
spec.  kio_http does not yet support the caching specifications of HTTP 1.1.
This is done on purpose because there are some privacy issues associated with
how caching is handled.  For details look at http://www.linuxcare.com.au/mbp/meantime/
Anyways, this will be fixed sooner or later.  Until then you can refresh to get
around this problem....

Regards,
Dawit A.