List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: bug : konqueror whithout bash
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-05-24 17:51:57

David Faure wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 07:25:04PM +0200, Geert Jansen wrote:
> > Capricelli Thomas wrote:
> >
> > > obviously someone is asserting that the user have a bash-like shell.
> > > I don't.... :-(
> >
> > I don't think this is a bash extension, it's valid bourne shell syntax.
>
> But csh isn't a bourne shell.
> What's the syntax for doing this with all shells in a compatible way ?

Hmm, I don't think there is a way to do this. Are the commands launched
using /bin/sh, or with the user's login shell. There was a thread about
this, wasn't there? Sorry I didn't read it.

If it is /bin/sh, and there are systems which have a csh as their /bin/sh,
then we might want to check that at configure time.

Greetings,
--
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>
    Phylosopher, Physicist,                    email: <jansen at kde.org>