List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: app-start notification II
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-18 21:54:12

Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > > Maybe you could send a signal to the XMLRPC daemon and then you don't have
> > > to link DCOP or Qt.
>
> How would that work ? Do you mean signal(2) ?

No, he meant to just send out the DCOP call using kxmlrpcd.  However,
as you said, you already looked into this.  You are right that it
would involve socket work... but it really is trivial.  If the ICE
stuff doesn't work (or Matthias doesn't document the marshalling fast
enough), let me know and I'll look into doing it for you.
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix