List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Status of kdenetwork module
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-05-18 16:13:01

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 09:43:34AM -0500, mosfet wrote:

Hiya,

> DCC the last time I checked, and closing a channel window.

thanks, will have a look. Didn't have problems closing channels, tho.

> As far as interface, I know some people prefer ksirc but AFAIK they are
> in a vast minority. Most users I see on places like efnet using Linux
> clients are either using kvirc or gtk's irc - despite the fact that
> ksirc is already installed on their system. They just don't like it. Not
[...]

this is exactly what I said, kvirc being in a much better shape. I'll try
to fix bugs in ksirc, maybe add some dialogs here and there, but I'm not
going to make it anything like kvirc.

As I said, I'm fine with shipping any of them (only the kvirc <-> CVS
problem to be solved), but why not ship both? They seem to have a
different scope, so it's not completely unreasonable, IHMO.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/