List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Status of kdenetwork module
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-05-18 12:00:34

Richard Moore wrote:

> One thing I would like to see is an app that supports all these differnt
> chat protocols in one place. I have seen this for Gnome and I think it
> is
> the way to go.
I just thought a few minutes how that is supposed to work. I mean, the
only thing that they all have in common is that they are all about
comunication. But the rest of say IRC and ICQ is completly different.
For instance IRC is channel based with an unknown amount of users while
ICQ is contact based i.e. you have a permanent group of users in your
list. The most I can see that can be shared are a few widgets.

How does that Gnome app do that? And what´s its name. I´m curios now to
see some screenshots.

Michael

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology

"Beware the woods at night, beware the lunar light!"