On Tue, 16 May 2000, Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote: > On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 11:50:23AM +0200, Matthias Elter wrote: > [snip] > > > ... kdeutils is a large package and I'd like to get rid of some old > > unused stuff floating around since KDE beta1 days. Does anybody use > > karm? No offense to Taj but I'm not sure if we realy need it in the > > official KDE distribution. It's unmaintained and should perhaps be > > removed if no new maintainer can be found. > > Kalle will be looking after it for a while, I know he uses it and so do I > (as do apparently about a dozen people who have mailed me over the last few > months with feature requests). It has belonged in kdepim right from the > start, is there such a module now? > > What is the criterion for deciding what goes into the distribution and what > doesn't? Are there any general guidelines? It must be maintained which means: it must use the proper kde 2.0 API for things, it must not crash and it must provide a certain level of core functionality. Cheers, Waldo