On Mon, 15 May 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote: > On Mon, 15 May 2000, pbrown@redhat.com wrote: > > On Tue, 16 May 2000 pbrown@redhat.com wrote: > > > either kdesktop or konsole is using tons of temp space w/an unlinked > > > file. I know because my root partition (where /tmp resides) is filling > > > up after KDE has been running for awhile, but killing/restarting kdesktop > > > and closing and restarting a few terminals clears things up. A du of > > > /tmp while the out-of-space is occurring shows that it is mostly empty, > > > so the files must be unlinked... > > > > To reply to my own message: I think it is konsole. > > I believe konsole uses an unlinked tempfile for its "unlimited history". This grows to over 10 megs in size quite quickly. :) -- Preston Brown pbrown@redhat.com Red Hat, Inc.