List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: making kmail cooperate w/pine
From:       tibirna () kde ! org
Date:       2000-05-16 11:24:07

On Mon, 15 May 2000 pbrown@redhat.com wrote:

> I'd like to start using KMail as my local mail client and pine when I am
> over a ssh connection.  Currently I use pine exclusively.
>
> The problems are as follows:
>
> 1.kmail doesn't currently honor $MAIL as the default inbox.  This
> shouldn't be too difficult to correct.  I'll probably take a stab at it.
>
> 2. even after I delete msgs in kmail, they remain in the folder.  The
> index file gets updated so that kmail doesn't see them, but since pine
> uses the mbox file only, they don't appear deleted in there.  How do I get
> around this?

The biggest (and perhaps irreconciliable) problem is the completely
different handling of nested folders. OK, mostly converting *existing*
pine folder trees to kmail use and still use pine on them afterwards.

kmail uses a "Folder" | ".Folder/" schemes that is incompatible with
everything else (netscape, mutt etc.)

Is there a non-obvious solution to this?

CT