List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Re: Dynamic Linker weirdness. (Long)]
From:       Michael Matz <matz () ifh ! de>
Date:       2000-05-14 9:39:32

Hi,

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Lars Knoll wrote:

[... desc. of changes and circumstances to get crash ...]
> Then just start konqueror in iconview, enter a url to a html page in the
> location bar, wait for the iconviewlib to close down and try to reload the
> html page.
>
> You'll get a crash, because the copy constructor of QValueList<int> used
> in khtml gets resolved to the symbol in libkonqiconview, which doesn't
> exist anymore after unloading of the iconview.

I don't get any crash. All works like a charme ;) libkonqiconview gets
unloaded, and konqueror continues ot work. This problem must have
something to do with that your linker fails to see that this particular
instance of a template is already defined, while mine does fine ;)

Waldo's problem of multiple definitions of non-template symbols is another
one and not solvable by a newer linker.

Ciao,
Michael.