List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Plugins (Was: Dynamic Linker weirdness. (Long))
From:       Michael Matz <matz () ifh ! de>
Date:       2000-05-13 0:01:46

Hi,

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> This was a very good suggestion from David.
>
> It  works quite nice, since the plugins usually only export a single
> function. I tested it with the views in konqeuror.
>
> I think the following options covers all plugins loaded via KLibLoader:
>   -export-symbols-regex 'init_.*'
>
> What about predefining a Makefile variable like:
>
> KDE_PLUGIN =  -module -no-undefined -export-symbols-regex 'init_.*'

But note, that the dynamic_symbols section is not affected by that option,
and nevertheless contains all symbols that were global at link time. I
don't know right now, which section is used by libltdl to look for symbols
which need binding. If it's the dynamic section the problem does not go
away that easily. I don't have time right now to test. Tomorrow.

Ciao,
Michael.