List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail status w/addressbook
From:       Mirko Sucker <mirko.sucker () unibw-hamburg ! de>
Date:       2000-05-12 23:04:06

pbrown@redhat.com wrote:

> On Tue, 9 May 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
>
> > <Very frank>
> > It's difficult to enter just an email address, and has no support for groups
> > or aliases (last I looked). So address book GUI wise KMail will probably go
> > it's own way.
> > </Very frank>
>
> Well IMHO this needs to be addressed before KDE 2.0 final.  We can't have
> an addressbook in kdelibs that no one uses because they feel the API AND
> the UI are too limiting or whatever.  No insults to Mirko intended, but
> this is a major issue.

As a proposal:

I will start to add some connections from kmail to the kab library now.
Should be few work. You might have a look at the changes to see how it
works.

If someone comes up with something that is working and working andd not
vaporware, it might be replaced by it.

By  the way, there where two versions of kmail - one in kdenetwork, one
in kdenonbeta. Which one is the one to work on?

Greetings,
--Mirko.
--
Drei Dinge gibt es, denen alle Menschen gern gemütlich zuschauen:
° fliessendes Wasser,