List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: save/restore toolbar position and style
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-09 19:47:09

David Faure wrote:
> I would love to see this too... but I think it should be done at the
> KDE level, not at the application level.  Since the style-guide rule
> is "save settings automatically, not menu item for that", I think it
> should be all transparent in KTMainWindow.  Opinions ? Anyone had
> similar plans ?

Well, the core reason (as mentioned many times earlier) is that there
are two ways of saving toolbar state -- in KConfig and in XML.

After 1.90, I will look into feeding the XML file to the toolbar.
Then it can save it's state to that if it exists or to a KConfig file
if it doesn't.
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix