List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdm is busted
From:       Steffen Hansen <hansen () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-09 18:34:44

On Tue, 9 May 2000 pbrown@redhat.com wrote:

> kdm is completely nonfunctional currently -- you can't get focus into the
> input fields.  Can someone figure this out before tonight?

bieker found the source of the problem. The problem goes away if you
comment out the XGrabKeyboard call in SecureDisplay in session.c.

But I'm not sure this is a safe thing to do, do i haven't committed
anything yet.

And I wonder why this is a problem now. It used to work??

greetings,
--
Steffen Hansen
email: hansen@dexel.dk, hansen@kde.org, stefh@huleboer.dk

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy
way to factor large prime numbers."
	Bill Gates, The Road Ahead, Viking Penguin (1995)