List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Addition to kdialogbase
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-05-09 6:01:07

At 03:22 PM 5/8/00 -0700, you wrote:
>On Mon, 08 May 2000, Espen Sand wrote:
>> On Mon, 08 May 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>> > Hiya,
>> >
>> > I would like to add the following function to KDialogBase which makes it
>> > easier to delete the dialog from any of its slots.
>> >
>> > The change is binary compatible, it only adds two new functions.
>>
>> Is "delete this" always safe from a slot when using a zero delay
>> QTimer? I have always been a bit reluctant about "delete this" but it could
>> really be useful here.
>
>It will be called from the next event loop (after windowing system events
>have been handled).

Yes sure, I understand the event loop behavior, but you use a slot function
from the object that is being destroyed. That is what I always try to
avoid because I have never really examined what happens with the signal-slot
connection (there must be a list involved) when the slot object is destoyed.
But since close(true) does the same I should be ok in this case :)

--
Espen Sand