List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Binary incompatiable changes in kdelibs [RFC]
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () starpower ! net>
Date:       2000-05-05 13:33:15

On Fri, 05 May 2000, David Faure wrote:
> I have one concern, not with this change, but with the
> implications of the use of KCombo in minicli.
> It seems KCombo (if that's what minicli uses) sorts the items.
> This means, one doesn't see a history list, but a SORTED list.
> This breaks doing stuff like "Alt+F2 Up", which used to call
> the last command. Now, the last command is ... sorted among
> the other ones, impossible to find.
>
> I can see why completion works better on sorted list, but... can
> we also have it on unsorted lists, so that minicli can remain unsorted ?

As Carsten stated this is the reason for the binary incompatibale change :)
But you might also have run into this problem because I made a mistake in
Minicli and did

// m_runCombo->setDuplicatesEnabled( false );    // Avoid duplicate entries.

This will defintely be a problem in history list like rotation.  It will be
removed when I clean up Minicli and change it to use KRun instead of
KShellProcess :)

[snipped my own comment]

Regards,
Dawit A.