List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS?
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-04 18:40:31

David Faure wrote:
> > I am indeed guilty :-)  I agree that reading it is slightly harder
> > now.. but it makes for parsing by scripts a *LOT* easier so it's
> > definitely needed.
>
> Well [\t]+ isn't that difficult to write, is it ?

Just for fun, get the version of 'accounts' *before* the change and
try to parse it into a file with accounts, names, and emails all
separate.  Just try it :-)

What you'll see is what I did... the fact that the real names had
variable number of spaces and words and *tabs* made the parsing a huge
PITA.  It is possible, of course... I used a perl script to convert it
to the new version.. but *boy* is it a pain.

Now, all you need to do is delimit by tab and you have all three
fields.
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix