List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: graphical multi-user ability in KDE
From:       Falk Brettschneider <gigafalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-05-02 13:53:04

Hi,

> > And I think that feature (RMB->RunAs) should also be provided in the "K"
> > menu
>
> I agree that this would be a lot more user-friendly, though.
>
> > and in konqueror since it's needed for many applications and often.
> How ?
> In the "open-with" dialog ?
I could imagine 2 possibilities:
1.) The RMB context menu for all files which have got the "executable
flag" has got an additional menu entry "Run As.. ->". Maybe clicking on
that menu item opens a next popup menu with all possible user names or
gives a user login dialog.
2.) All other files (which aren't marked as "executable") haven't got a
"Run As.." menu entry but their "Open with" dialog has got an additional
combobox for selecting another user login name than the default "Me". A
user login dialog follows after selecting another one.

Bye,
  Falk