On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 02:20:51PM +0200, Falk Brettschneider wrote: > Hi, > > Geert Jansen wrote: > > > > > Hmm...but if there_s already stuff for such things, programming a "Start > > > as..." menu entry could be relatively easy, couldn_t it? > > > > RMB on a .desktop file, properties, execute, "Run as". > > > > That's what you're looking for. It already exists :-) > Well, great. :-) > But that seems to be restricted to desktop links, doesn't it? Of course not. You can do the same on any .desktop file, including those under $KDEDIR/share/applnk (for instance after making a local copy). > And I think that feature (RMB->RunAs) should also be provided in the "K" > menu I agree that this would be a lot more user-friendly, though. > and in konqueror since it's needed for many applications and often. How ? In the "open-with" dialog ? -- David FAURE david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://home.clara.net/faure/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today