List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: call for volunteer on bug tracking
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       2000-05-01 14:11:22

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I need someone who tries to keep the bugs on
> bugs.kde.org together. I don't have enough time
> for this, but it needs to be done as more and more

I'm trying to help but end up processing the easy, i.e. obvious cases
only.

> people report bugs that end up in the unknown section:
> http://bugs.kde.org/db/ma/l-28_unknown-29_.html
> as either no Maintainer field exists (as for kdf,
> drkonqi, kaiman and similiar cases) or people report
> the bug against "kdebase" or "kmulti" ;(
> If they don't give any package at all, it ends up
> in Package kde:
> http://bugs.kde.org/db/pa/lkde.html

How about turning on the strict mode and reject invalid labelled reports
? Hmmm. People will HTML mails would have a big problem ....

Of course, things will change once an automatic bug report system comes
with KDE 2.0.

Pro: the reports will always have a valid "Package" info

Con: A flood of mails that will require more work.

Harri.