On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, David Faure wrote: > On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 05:22:35PM -0400, Dan Pilone wrote: > > Hi all, > > I'm trying to figure out the whole default profile stuff for konqueror, and > > I think I'm missing something. I just now understand that running konqueror > > (without any extensions) will load the default profile. (Sigh.. what would > > you do without source??) However, I'm now wondering how it's supposed to > > work when you do provide a URL. > > You're right, and we completely overlooked that fact when implementing > the "default profile" stuff. Since it's kfmclient that is in the K menu, > it's completely useless. > I think we should simply get rid of it, and ... > > > Specifically, when you hit the home kicker > > button I'd like to have it show up with the dirtree on the left, and home on > > the right. Likewise for trash, etc. Can this be done? > ... and implementing "show dirtree" and "show embedded konsole" > (as well as the view mode, etc.) as global options, i.e. if you > "show dirtree", it will appear for any konq window you open later on, > unless you decide to switch it off. (Applying the "no Save Settings" rules > from the UI guide). This would match your comment above. > > I'll get around cleaning this settings stuff this weekend - but I'd > be interested in knowing Simon's opinion about getting rid of the > "default profile" stuff, since he implemented it ;-) I fully agree :) Let's get rid of it. Ciao, Simon (one of those people who like to have the dirtree as default in every konq window)