List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror profiles...
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-28 21:47:25

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 05:22:35PM -0400, Dan Pilone wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I'm trying to figure out the whole default profile stuff for konqueror, and
> I think I'm missing something.  I just now understand that running konqueror
> (without any extensions) will load the default profile.  (Sigh.. what would
> you do without source??)  However, I'm now wondering how it's supposed to
> work when you do provide a URL.

You're right, and we completely overlooked that fact when implementing
the "default profile" stuff. Since it's kfmclient that is in the K menu,
it's completely useless.
I think we should simply get rid of it, and ...

> Specifically, when you hit the home kicker
> button I'd like to have it show up with the dirtree on the left, and home on
> the right.  Likewise for trash, etc.  Can this be done?
... and implementing "show dirtree" and "show embedded konsole"
(as well as the view mode, etc.) as global options, i.e. if you
"show dirtree", it will appear for any konq window you open later on,
unless you decide to switch it off. (Applying the "no Save Settings" rules
from the UI guide). This would match your comment above.

I'll get around cleaning this settings stuff this weekend - but I'd
be interested in knowing Simon's opinion about getting rid of the
"default profile" stuff, since he implemented it ;-)

http://home.clara.net/faure/